Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Barbecue Sauce Recipe


















This is the sauce that my Grandpa Vern used to make for my parent's restaurant. The thing that cracks me up is one of the ingredients is BBQ sauce. The original recipe called for canned mushrooms but I use fresh.

Combine the following in a sauce pan and cook until the onions start to become translucent, don't brown the vegetables.

1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 package of fresh mushrooms chopped

******

Add the following to the vegetables and heat thoroughly.

1 can of tomato soup
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder

The lovely photo came from Manuere at MorgueFile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for requiring word verification but the the spam comments are out of control.