Saturday, March 28, 2009

Orange Zucchini Marmalade Recipe


I got this recipe from my Grandfather's girlfriend, Adleine.

combine the following and cook 3 minutes in a saucepan

3 cups peeled and shredded zucchini
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
1 package unsweetened orange Kool-Aid
1 orange sliced thin

***

add and boil one minute

1 package Sure Gel

***

add and boil 3-4 minutes

4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon butter (the butter is to keep the jam from foaming)

***

Put hot jelly in sterilized jars and seal or simply put it a container in your refrigerator and make popovers. I prefer the later method.

I added this to the category of odd but tasty since it seems odd to make marmalade with zucchini and kool-aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for requiring word verification but the the spam comments are out of control.