Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sausage and Asparagus Quiche Recipe
















I make these quite often; changing the meat, cheese and vegetables. My favorite uses a frozen combination of broccoli, cauliflower and sliced carrots. The mix doesn't sound like it would work in a quiche but it's excellent.

I'm a pie crust snob but this is the best prepared pie crust that I've ever found. Homemade is better but this is very good and convenient.


Chop your meat and place it on top of the crust. I'm using precooked sausage patties.







Frozen asparagus but if you have fresh all the better.





Chop the vegetables and place them on the meat.







10 eggs beaten. I have a large quiche dish so you might want to put in a smaller number of eggs and add more if needed.





I use whatever cheese I have on hand. This is a very nice Swiss but Cheddar, Jalapeno Jack, or any favorite works well.






Decorate the top with more asparagus. Sliced tomatoes are very pretty.

Bake at 375 until the mixture is cooked through; about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for requiring word verification but the the spam comments are out of control.