Thursday, April 2, 2009

Emergency Fudge Recipe






















OK, It's not a huge emergency but sometimes you want something chocolate but don't have all the wonderful ingredients to make typical fudge.

This is my husband's favorite fudge recipe since it's tasty and easy enough to get me to to make it whenever he asks.

The recipe is actually the chocolate topping I use when I make eclairs. It makes a very small batch which can be a good thing but you can increase the ingredients if you want to share. I don't bother putting this in a lined glass container; I put the mixture on a piece of foil on the counter and spread it smooth to the desired height. It's sets up quickly and is gone almost as fast.

Melt the butter and chocolate together in a sauce pan over a low heat.

1 ounce unsweetened chocolate or 3 tablespoons cocoa + 1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon butter

*****

add the following and stir until the powdered sugar is incorporated.

1 1/2 c powdered sugar
2 teaspoons hot water

*****

add

1 cup chopped walnuts

1 comment:

  1. There are artificial sweeteners now in powdered sugar texture - using them you could make this low carb, I think, or diabetic friendly.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for requiring word verification but the the spam comments are out of control.