Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mock Jack Daniels Sauce













I had the Jack Daniels Burger yesterday at TGIF with sweet potato fries and my DH went crazy over the sauce. This is my version that I created with recipes that I found on the Internet. It's mock Jack Daniels since we don't drink whiskey and didn't want to buy a bottle for sauce.

combine the following ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.

1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
1 cup crushed pineapple
2 cups brown sugar
2 beef bullion cubes
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons bold mustard

The rib photo was done by Kakisky

2 comments:

  1. I made this as above and my family loved it so much they wanted it again, but I didn't have anymore crushed pineapple. I substituted 1/2 juice and also used onion powder instead of real onions. Still tasted marvelous!

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for requiring word verification but the the spam comments are out of control.