Monday, September 12, 2011

Low Carb Almond Flour Pancakes Recipe





We've been eating low carbohydrate foods lately. White flour is a carbohydrate brute so I was happy to see almond and coconut flour at the food co-op. These pancakes are delicious and cooked to a golden brown. I ate mine with butter and fresh peach slices, my daughter opted for maple syrup. The recipe is from a co-op worker.

Combine the following ingredients. Spray your griddle or frying pan with Pam and cook at medium heat in a preheated pan.

1 cup almond flour
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar - I used non-calorie sucrose (Splenda or any baking sweetener)
a sprinkling of cinnamon and/or nutmeg

makes 4 pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for requiring word verification but the the spam comments are out of control.